"Sir, you find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No,
Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson
Of coure you've probably seen and heard lots about London. But however many times you have visited, there are always new things to see and do. It is an ever-changing, ever-evolving City. But it is also a patchwork city made up of many centres, districts, villages and towns. We've told you something about what sorts of amenities are available around Queen's Park in LOCAL AMENITIES. Now here is more info on some of the best of London's most popular tourist venues.
AVOID the queues and lines: For advance BOOKING and tickets into museums, galleries, cathedrals, palaces, river cruises and so on try this very useful link: TICKETBAR
For more on London's best tourist spots click on any of the links below:
There's just so much to see and do around London, there are the classics like the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and changing of the guard, the South Bank, the City with its Iconic buildings, the many markets, all the famous London museums from the V&A and Natural History to the British Museum, Madame Tussauds, or 'The Clink', the London Observatory, London Zoo, the Globe Theatre, HMS Belfast, St Paul's Cathedral, Tate Modern, Churchill War Rooms, the Thames Barrier, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, Trafalgar Square, Thames River Cruises, Covent Garden, the London Eye, Windsor Castle, Hampton Court, Westminster Abbey, The National Gallery, The Royal Parks
Wow! – a week or two's sightseeing there - at least.CLICK HERE for Time Out's official list, reviews and links to the top 101 things to do in London.
By the way, if you have special interests we'll help you sort out and plan your stay.
Nothing quite like a piece of local advice.
There are a number of companies offering black cab tours of London. Not cheap – but affordable if shared amongst 4 people.
Drivers are fully licensed London taxi drivers with "The Knowledge" as well as being qualified tour guides.
The advantage if you're in a hurry and want to see your selection of preferred sites and to stop where and when you want it's a good way to see the city.
Peter Tompson - Bespoke Taxi Service +44 (0)7643 756 610
Yes lots of free maps as well as maps and guides to buy.
Travel maps, underground and overground maps, bus maps, river services maps, and cycle maps.
Maps for walking, maps for toilets, accessibility guides and guides to free attractions
Plus info on how and where to buy theatre tickets, train tickets, coaches and transfers.
It's all available at Visit London. Just CLICK HERE
- Offline maps and GPS that avoid data roaming charges
- Personalised offline itineraries
- Step by step travel directions from A to B
- Restaurant, café & bars guide including reviews
- Recommendations based on weather and time of day
- Background info and history
- Find what’s near you
- amenities (police, pharmacy, bureau de change etc)
It's available at Visit London. Just CLICK HERE
London's many festivals go on throughout the year.
We can't possibly list them all here but if you're around the last weekend in August you'll just HAVE to see the Notting Hill Carnival , Europe's biggest street event.
Not quite Rio but it will still amaze (and deafen) you.
• The Notting Hill Carnival, end of August: CLICK HERE
And our very own one day festival:
• Queen's Park Day - the local "Village" fete in September: CLICK HERE
Plus hundreds of other events including:
• The famous London 'Season': CLICK HERE
The Season includes:
• Royal Events through the year: CLICK HERE
• Canalway Cavalcade 2013 Little Venice (May): CLICK HERE
• Cricket at Lord's, home of cricket: CLICK HERE
• Polo on Smiths Lawns, Windsor Great Park: CLICK HERE
• Huguenots of Spitalfields Festival (April): CLICK HERE
• Ascot Races (June): CLICK HERE
• Trooping The Colour (June): CLICK HERE
• Henley Royal Regatta (July): CLICK HERE
• Wimbledon Tennis (June- July): CLICK HERE
• Royal Academy Exhibitions: CLICK HERE
And lots of other events:
• Hampton Court Flower Show. (July): CLICK HERE
• Music, folk and rock festivals around the country 2013: CLICK HERE
• BBC 'Proms' - classic summerlong music festival: CLICK HERE
• The 2018 London Jazz festival 16-25 November: CLICK HERE
• The 2018 BFI London Film Festival 10-21 October:CLICK HERE
queues and lines:
For advance BOOKING and tickets into museums, galleries, cathedrals, palaces, river cruises and so on try this very useful link: TICKETBAR