Who are we? We're Duncan from Yorkshire and Barbro from Sweden. We'd like you to make our house your home from home. Our aim is to make you welcome, relaxed, well looked after and well fed. There's nothing like a comfortable bed and a good breakfast to set you up for the rest of the day.
We’ll look after you in our lovely old (1888) terraced house we have developed and refurbished over the last 25 years.
We have two delightful double bedrooms to let
- The "Garden Room" with King sized bed and its own en suite shower room and WC,
- The "Narnia Room" with double bed or twin beds and its own en suite shower/bath room and WC.
We've both traveled the world so we know what a traveler needs. Things like...
• a king-sized bed or twin bed for maximum comfort
• your own well-equipped en suite bath and shower-room with underfloor heating and WC
• lots of hanging and drawer space
• very fast (up to 75MB) free wi-fi broadband – the need for speed!
• somewhere to use your laptop or tablet – like a table and chairs
• office facilities, you know – to print stuff out (like tickets)
• a washing machine for laundry, somewhere to dry it and an iron
• a remote control modern flat screen TV in your room with DVD
• a bedside radio – WITH an alarm as back-up in case your smartphone forgets
• a hairdryer - not always just for the ladies
• basic toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel and toohpaste
• a kettle to brew up the occasional tea or coffee that we provide
• some bottled water - fizzy or still - why not?
• something a little crunchier for when you get the 'munchies'
• and something healthier like a bowl of fruit
• and why not some nice flowers in your room – aaah!
Breakfast. We’re known for our excellent cooking and we’ll prepare you breakfasts to remember from “Full English” to a Swedish smörgåsbord. Or try one of our specials, like Duncan's Ilsington scrambled egg, or an 'Egg in Wonderland', or New York bagels with creme cheese and smoked salmon, or 'The Complete Kipper', or 'Poacher's Delight', 'Savoury Soldiers' or eggs Florentine or Benedict, or Pa amb tomàquet Catalan.
Or, if you prefer, a tasty fruit salad and yogurt, some porage oats, or maybe toast or croissants with jam, marmalade, honey, ham, chorizzo or even Marmite - ask and it will be yours. See MENU-RECIPES
Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions, allergies or preferences and we'll prepare you a great start to the day.
Seeing the London sights. Especially if you're new to the big metropolis that is London we’ll help you plan where to go, when and where to shop, how best to get to all the popular tourist spots and where there are interesting ones off the beaten track.
We know where and when to find the best of London's famous markets from Portobello Road to Camden Lock, from Borough Street Market to Brick Lane.
We'll give you tips on where to dine out locally or down town, the West End, the East End or out in the country.
We can show you how to get tickets for exhibitions, galleries, gigs or shows in and around London. We've lived in London for over 50 years, both of us have worked in the West End of London for decades. and Barbro is a regular guide around town.
Much more info at LONDON SIGHTSEEING.